Thursday, February 11, 2010

We owe him big time

Our neighbor is an angel. There are no other words for it, just a plain old sweetie of an angel. This morning I was sitting here and I heard a noise outside, well an unusual noise. Looked out and there is a back hoe thingy in our driveway, picking up the snow and moving it from the driveway to a pile in his front yard. When that pile got higher than it could reach, he started another one. He saved John HOURS of shoveling, and wouldn’t take any money.

John went out about a few minutes ago to check on Aunt, and neighbor is back in the driveway, cleaning it up some more. The man is surely an angel, he thinks no one is home, and since I can’t get out to thank him, he will keep on thinking that.

I won’t let him go un-thanked, that’s for sure. Next time I get out I am getting a nice big gift card which he can use for gas or what ever else he wants to use it for, and mailing it to him. He will just have to guess which one of the neighbors sent it to him…

3 comments:

  1. That sounds like one of those "random act of kindness" events!
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a neighbor like that too. They are angels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great neighbor. I've got one of them two. We pay him like $25.00 every time. But, he will do it anytime the driveway needs it. Mike is never home during the week. So Charlie comes over the weekend to get the check. He just shows up with out us asking. He is such nice to do it. With as hard as Mike works during the week. I'm happy that he don't have to do it. It's hard any more to find nice people like you and I got.
    Well have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge