Saturday, February 27, 2010

Thanks

I got an email from a total stranger today saying that she was missing my posts. You have no idea how nice that was to read. I’m amazed that someone I don’t even know noticed I wasn’t posting. I just didn’t have anything to write, and felt that nothing was better than what I was thinking about.

Some of you know that we’ve been dealing with some family matters for the last year. John and I, mostly John recently, have been taking care of his Aunt who has dementia. We have been taking care of her since January last year, with a brief interruption when John’s mother decided to take over and threw everything into turmoil.

It all came to boil yesterday in the court, John and his uncle were granted guardianship and now can legally take care of Sheryl’s needs without interference. Our goal through all of this was to make sure that Sheryl, a very independent woman for all of her life, would get the care she needed and deserved.

Yesterday was the first time I’ve seen her since June 3rd. She looked lost and confused but tried to put on a happy face. She remembered me…. that I was Marge, John’s wife, and that we’d spent some time together. She told me she missed our shopping trips… however I hate shopping and I only went on one shopping trip with her… our way of getting her out of the house and moved from New York to Delaware… but most importantly, she remembered me.

2 comments:

  1. I was just thinking that if you hadn't posted by today, I was going to email you !! Lovely that you have seen Sheryl, and even better that she remembered you. I'll keep sending up prayers for all of you.

    Big Hugs !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such good news about Sheryl. I've been wondering what was going on but didn't want to stir up problems/bad memories. I'm glad things have settled down with such a positive outcome.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge