Monday, February 15, 2010

Well he did it…

I’ve had a secret for over a month that has almost made me burst with joy. Honestly I’ve been about to explode with excitement. But I couldn’t say anything until now. Last night my baby, almost 25, formally proposed to his sweetheart, a girl we’ve grown to love more and more over the last few years.

Mike and Kelly met on Valentine’s Day in college, and I’ve suspected since we met her that she was the one. They went snowboarding for their “anniversary” and while on top of the mountain Mike proposed and Kelly said yes. She said the ring, which Mike designed himself, is beautiful and fits perfectly.
I’m crying… with joy of course.

2 comments:

  1. That is wonderful news! Congratulations to Mike for knowing a good woman when he met one, to Kelly for knowing how special he is and to all the other family members who had a hand in raising this terrific young man!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crying right along with you - how sweet, and what a pretty ring. Amazing that you kept this secret so well too - but what a nice thing to have to muse about while you hibernate in the snow !! hugs from CT, where it might snow a little tomorrow HAH - if we're lucky.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge