Friday, February 05, 2010

Here it comes

I just saw the first snowflake of the blizzard of 2010, with many more to follow. I’m ready, as ready as one can be. We have food in the house which we can eat if power goes out. I’ve done laundry and dishes so we have clean clothes and an empty dishwasher to put dirty dishes in. Since we live in the country and are on well water, and lose both water and sewer when power goes out, we have water stored for flushing and drinking. I have lots of books to read to keep my mind occupied. We certainly have enough quilts to keep us warm too, so that won’t be a problem. We have a generator, so our food will be ok, and we will have some lights. Maybe someday we will have a whole house generator, maybe. Not this storm though.

The worse thing about this is the timing... it might interfere with the Super Stash Bowl. I’ve taken care of that as far as the Yahoo Groups, and given someone the link to the first page, so those ladies (and men) will get to sew if they aren’t affected by the storm. Sadly, it’s those of you who plan to follow here on the blog who might miss out, since I will not have any way of posting that first page link.

However I will do my best. I have an air card and I have a battery on my lap top, so it might not be an issue at all. And who knows, we might not even lose power. We’ve had power through blizzards before and hurricanes too. Normally we lose power on bright sunny days when we can’t blame Mother Nature at all.

For those who want to follow our winter adventure, watch the Weather Channel. When you hear them talking about the Delaware coast, or Kent and Sussex Counties, that’s us. Right now we are the purple zone on the weather maps, meaning we could get up to or over two feet.

I’m ready, I hope!




PS, I got an email from a follower who wanted me to show a better map of where I am... here are two which should help. You can click on them to make them bigger.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Marge!

    I'm just a little north of you in DelaWhere and I just came in from my second snow shoveling session today. :)

    take care!
    Debby

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge