Saturday, January 29, 2011

Another project


Well another project just came along that I have to take care of. This one has a time limit too. Kelly, my future daughter-in-law brought her wedding dress over for me to shorten. It’s made for a bride of about 5 foot 9 and Kelly isn’t much taller than I am, which is 5 foot 3.

I will admit… I cried. The dress is beautiful and is so Kelly. She looked elegant. I cried, and really had to get a grip on myself so I didn’t get too sobby… I didn’t want tear drops on the dress.

This will be a challenge… there is a satin lining, four crinolines and then another lining and then the dress, which is duchess silk. And it has a chapel train.

I may not get much quilting done once I start it, but the end results will be wonderful, my first daughter-in-law and a very happy son.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge