Monday, January 17, 2011

I did it!

I quilted the remaining fans and then quilted the borders, in a fan kind of design and it looks pretty good if I do say so myself.

The first circle was a CD tracing and then I realized I had to go bigger. I freehanded it and decided that wasn’t going to work. So I went looking for circles to trace, and soon gave up, I didn’t want it to look perfect, but I wanted it to look better than the freehand line did.

Then I remembered this tool I had from way back when, when I worked for Singer and demonstrated tools and gadgets and got to play with them…. But did I still have the one I was looking for. I remembered having it when I was in the first sewing room in this house, and faintly remember something happening to it…

I found the box, Singer Circular Stitcher, Part No. 161847, slightly oily from a mishap, my oil can leaked. The box was empty. Looked some more and found it. But would it work? I soon realized that the pin cover wasn’t working right, ouch, and it was bad enough that this quilt was pin basted, ouch now I had this pin to deal with also. And I had to make sure that it didn’t come off while I was sewing and make the circle off.

Well it did, ouch, and it made a few crooked or lopsided circles, but it didn’t look too bad. The borders are all quilted now and I just need to tie all the knots and do the binding and this non-UFO quilt #400 will be finished. Photos tomorrow!

1 comment:

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge