Wednesday, January 05, 2011

More questions and decisions too

“Why strips or strings again?” This is from a friend who has seen me make a lot of string quilts. Honestly, I wanted a quick, easy and mindless project to do after working all month last month on the BOMs. Each block was different and I had to write the patterns, do all the diagrams, do the html and make the sampler. I really needed something simple fun and fast, so I decided on strips or strings… and little did I know how complicated it would be, LOL!

“What was the commission quilt like?” Interesting question. I had an oldish, five or so years, log cabin quilt I had made which a lady really liked. However, she needed two of them. As a quilter you know how hard it is to match fabrics after five years so making the second one was a challenge. So I bought a lot of greens and made a second almost matching quilt. The photo shows both, and I couldn’t tell you which one was which now.

Regardless, I had LOTS of left over fabrics and now I am working on getting rid of them. Yesterday I made twenty some squares. After I sewed the strips together I cut them back to ten inch squares. Some of my strips were not 12 inches to cutting them back gave me more squares per strip so to speak, just take my word for it.

Last night I played in Electric Quilt for about two hours playing with possible settings for this. If you check yesterday’s earlier post you see my original idea…. But when I did that in EQ I really didn’t like it as much. I put sashing around the blocks, didn’t do much for me. I played and played and played, and I’ve been playing about an hour already today… and I still can’t decide.

I do know I need more squares, so I’m going back to sewing. I’ll report in later what I get done, and if I decide what to do with them, I’ll let you know. I kind of doubt it… too many possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge