Friday, January 14, 2011

What did I decide to work on...

Well… after much thought, the fan quilt that I found in my UFO basket needed to be done. First, it isn’t on my UFO list, so adding it would erase one of my finishes and I didn’t want that to happen. So by finishing it I am accomplishing two things, not having another UFO and finishing my approximately 400th quilt. But don’t hold your breath…

When I opened it up I found that six of the nine fans were already quilted. All that was left were three fans and the borders. Three fans are done and what you see in the photo is all that is done of the borders…

Why did I decide to quilt them that way, I dunno… but now that I have started I can’t stop. Too much to rip out and how else would I quilt them?

I still don’t have a clue where these fans came from, although as I said before I know it is mine. And I think… not positive but maybe I made one of the fans, the blue fan has a lot of very familiar fabric in it.

I made the mistake of looking through my “Swap Blocks” box just to see if there were any other fan blocks in there and maybe a paper telling me when they were made and by who. No more fan blocks, but if we had to count Swap Blocks that we’ve never done anything with I’d have another dozen UFOs… in that box alone. I actually have two “Swap Blocks” boxes.

There is also a “Rejec Blox” box, blocks that just weren’t right or didn’t match or who knows. Not all of them are mine, a lot have been given to me over the years. That box is my Spring Retreat project, some kind of sampler quilt. Hmmm… maybe I will bring one or both of the “Swap Blocks” boxes with me too… maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge