Thursday, January 13, 2011

UFO progress

Having just finished my 399th quilt, give or take a few, I have decided to work on some UFOs before starting the next new one. I finished the snow people quilt and now am putting backings together for a few other quilts to be sent to the quilter. I am rewashing the red backing, just to make 100% sure all the red is out of it. I also had to rewash a white backing, I found a stain on it. I have two little quilts I am going to attempt to quilt myself, as soon as I find the batting I’m sure I have around here somewhere.

I’ve moved onto my Tea Garden Bull’s-eye quilt. I have four rows finished and need to make the sashing to offset those rows, then put it together. I think, I hope, I have backing set aside, so that as soon as I get it finished I can get it quilted. I’d love to see this one done ASAP… it’s pretty!

I’m also proposing a new category to the UFO dictionary, AWQ. Awaiting Quilting or Awaiting Quilter in my case. I have 23 quilts which fall into that category. Right now I have eight which are ready to go off to different quilters as soon as I can get out, and I hope to have Tea Garden ready by the end of the day.

1 comment:

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge