Thursday, January 13, 2011

Uh oh…

I was going through my UFO basket trying to decide what to finish next. I have quite a few to choose from. The problem is, I don’t have interest in some of them anymore. And I thought I had gotten rid of donated those I didn’t like want.

But an even bigger problem, I can’t find a few that are listed on my UFO list and worse, I have found a few that are not on the list. Truthfully, there are two that I do not remember ever making. I don’t have a clue where they came from but I am pretty sure they are mine…

One is a fan quilt, perhaps the fans are from a swap I did way way back? There are nine large fans and four smaller ones in the corners. I know I started it because the borders and backing are a light blue Documentary fabric that I loved so much I bought the whole bolt.

The second one can't be mine, I don't like the fabric it is made with, cheap thin stuff, and I don't like the way it was made. Someone must have given this to me for some reason. It's not even good enough to give to charity, except maybe for a pet quilt. And that's what I'll do with it, I know a few kitties that like quilts.

Another one I remember doing and know why I haven’t listed it… I hate it. Now why I still have it I have no idea. Maybe the memory of making it is forcing me to keep it? It would make a great charity quilt and I think I will force myself to finish and donate it.

There is a convergence wall hanging which isn’t listed on any lists, another one I don’t really like. It is too small to make a charity quilt. Since it isn’t listed, I’m not rushing into finishing it… sooner or later I will maybe.. maybe not.

I found spool blocks from a class that some so called professional taught at guild a long time ago. The lady handed out instructions and then sat in a corner ignoring the class mostly. When people had questions they came to me and for that reason I never finished mine. It’s not on the UFO list, but should be… I need to figure out when that class was.

There are Christmas string blocks, leftovers from Jamee’s Christmas strings, and a whole bunch more strings. I think next time I want some mindless work, I’ll make some more Christmas string blocks and then sooner or later another Christmas String quilt. Oh Oh… I have some lovely Christmas metallics I can add to those strings to liven it up some. Wonder where they are? And no that is not on my UFO list, because they are leftover blocks and not a project yet.

There is a baggie of nine patch rows which I think someone sent me or dumped on me. Not on my UFO list because they are not mine but they are in my possession so if and when I start working on them I will add them to the UFO list. There has to be two or more charity quilts in there.

I also found two finished pillow cases in the UFO basket, why they are in there I don’t know, but I am thinking I made them to go with a quilt that is or was a UFO… now to find that. Looking through my quilt photo album, they could go with just about any of my purple quilts if I ever put one on my bed.

In that same basket is a collection of Christmas fabrics from Ameritex called Country Classic Christmas Village dated… 1987. Why it is in the UFO basket, another I don’t know, but I will keep it all together and put it on the fabric shelf, it will make a cute Christmas something someday.

This has been an interesting exercise and I have accomplished cleaning up my sewing room floor and organizing my UFOs a little, and I’ve found some more projects to work on. But I still haven’t decided what to do next, although I certainly have plenty of choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge