Sunday, January 08, 2012

How can I get in on a retreat?

I was just asked a very interesting question.   “How can a new person get in on a retreat if everyone keeps signing up for them before you even announce them?”

Let me go back a bit and explain history.  This all started with just one retreat which was held Veterans Day weekend.  36 ladies came and had a good time and went home and online and talked about it.  Most came back year two, and the empty spots were quickly filled by ladies who wanted to see what it was all about. 
Forward six years and the conference room was overfull, two ladies to a table, tripping over each other every time you wanted to move and I decided that it was time to limit the number of ladies to the number of tables that would fit in the conference room.  And since there were more ladies than there were tables I added a second fall retreat.  That same year I added the spring retreats. 

2005 rolls around and a group of friends wanted their own retreat, so I added a third fall retreat and tried a later spring retreat.  The later spring retreat didn’t fill up so I quit offering a second spring retreat. 
For the last few years every retreat has filled up quickly, so I added another one in the fall, and it filled up.  This year I will have four consecutive fall retreats, and the spring retreat, all booked to conference room capacity.  If you want to attend one of them, the best way to get in is to ask to be placed on the waiting list for the retreat of your choice.  If I get a cancellation, you will be notified of it and have the opportunity to sign up. 

This year’s retreats all booked faster than any other year and honestly, I am surprised.  I have already added a second spring retreat in 2013 and I have contacted the Inn to see what dates are available to add another fall retreat. 

If you would like to attend any of the 2013 retreats you may send me an email and let me know your preference, spring or fall and I will put you on the waiting list.  As soon as this year’s retreaters decide if they want to come back again or not, I email everyone on the waiting lists.  After those quilters have had the opportunity to take available spaces, I will announce openings for everyone else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge