Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Thoughts

Couple of things first, Arden is improving, more every day.  That’s good news and we are all very thankful for every day.  However she still has a long way to go. 

Second, I went to see the rheumatologist yesterday for my check up.   Good news, my polymyalgia rheumatica is pretty much under control and I can go off the prednisone by the end of the month.  (YIPPEE!)  Bad news, we’re not done yet, the blood counts were still not satisfactory, but she said they may have been off because of my bronchitis, but just incase she wants to see me again in three months… then she will declare it done and over with… I hope!  More bad news, the pain I have now is not from polymyalgia rheumatica but from old age and gravity and there isn’t much she or anyone else can do about it, LOL!

As for the bronchitis, I’m still fighting it, and while I’d like to say I feel better, I really can’t.  I can barely talk, and breathing hurts, and I’m averaging a box of tissues every other day.  I am sleeping better thanks to meds, so I guess that’s improvement. 

Sewing, nope, not now.  I’m really doing a lot of nothing and am bored, truly bored.  I haven’t even undecorated yet, not that there is much to do, candles in the windows and a few Santa’s here and there.  But no energy to pack them up, so we’ll stay decorated a while longer. 

Reading, nope to that too.  The glare of the computer screen bothers me.  I did some blog hopping today, trying to catch up with friends and people I like to read.  That’s what brought me here to write…   I was reading about a friends NYE trip to teach, and noticed another fellow designer was also on the road teaching NYE, and then another… 

Our NYE was certainly no big deal, honestly, those of us left at home were half asleep and ready for the countdown and bed.  We were watching puppies and kittens on the animal channel until five to the New Year, then watched the countdown and then went to bed.  Like I said, nothing exciting…

But what made it so important to me and so very very special was that we did nothing together!  Yes, two of us were missing, off in the big city celebrating, but I know not everyone is a homebody like us.  But the four of us were here and that made it a very special NYE to me.  No way in heck would I want to go out and be with a bunch of strangers and miss that time with my family.  I understand some people enjoy it, and good for them, you should do what you enjoy, life is too short not to.  But me, I’ll stay home! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge