Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A sewing day!

I decided that I really needed to make another heart quilt for charity before the end of the month, so I went upstairs with that goal this morning.  Mufasa on the other hand had other ideas.  For some reason today was “Be Ornery in the Sewing Room Day”  and that is exactly what he did, almost all day. 

He started off trying to get into the closet.  He doesn’t like closed doors and he’s only briefly seen inside this one, so he decided he was going to get in one way or another… “NO” wasn’t enough to stop him, so I had to get out the trusty spray bottle.  That stopped him and he went back downstairs to sulk. 

After lunch he followed me back upstairs and decided that he wanted to help me sew… so he climbed up on my lap.  Of course as soon as my foot went to the foot control, he slid off.  But that was OK, he jumped back up and purred to let me know it was OK.. 

Well it was OK with him, but not me… I wanted to sew.  So I gave him a few minutes of petting and talking and then showed him what I wanted to do.  He was very interested in it, and even tried to touch the fabrics… A stern no stopped that… but his curiosity really was getting the best of him. 

Eventually he got bored and I got back to sewing.  I finished nine more heart blocks, now to decide how to set them!

1 comment:

  1. Thank goodness my helpers only steal fabric off the floor! And, get very fine hair in my quilts...

    You've been very productive recently. Good to see that. Now if I can emulate you! b.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge