Sunday, January 15, 2012

Oh woe is me

I went to mend something on my Singer 404 and she’s all locked up.  I sewed most of the summer on her and she performed beautifully, not one problem.  Today, she just won’t move.  So I’ve taken her out of the cabinet and will make a trip up to Dover to drop her off. 

Pathetic thing, we were in Dover for the first time in months yesterday, never realizing we’d need to go back again so soon.  Yesterday was clothes shopping for John, he needed some new work clothes.  Can’t remember the last time we bought him some, so I’m not complaining… except I hate clothes shopping, even when it’s not for me.  But we were in and out speedily so I won’t complain. 

Someone just told me it was playoff Sunday, whatever that means.  In this house it is Pop Sunday, John will be taking his Dad to visit Arden in the nursing home and then we’ll have dinner.  Dinner can be a challenging issue, since Pop requires “soft and easy to go down” food.  So far I’ve been lucky, except on Christmas day when my prime rib was too tough.  (Not to the rest of us, thank goodness.)  Tonight’s dinner will be chili dogs, since I know Pop likes my chili, or at least he did the last time I served it to him.  We’ll also have mac and cheese and applesauce, can’t get much softer than that.  And since he always wants something sweet after dinner, I have some Quick Apple Dumplings. 

I’m off to the sewing room, I have another mystery to finish from yesterday, and then I want to make another Scrappy Hearts, and then I have some BOMs to do and then …. Well you know what I mean!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge