Thursday, January 26, 2012

Strange predicament

I came upstairs to start a new quilt. This one is not one of my charity projects for this year, but a sample for an upcoming mystery. I kind of know what I am making, but I was trying very hard to choose fabrics like I had no idea what I was making. I accomplished that after about an hour of pulling fabrics from the shelves, putting them back, pulling more, trying this with that and so on. I finally decided on three fabrics, a white-on-white, a light purple and a dark purple. (Yea imagine that, another purple quilt)

This could be a mystery to me really, since I wrote this pattern when I was unable of sewing back in 2009. I had quite a few ladies who tested the pattern for me, and have quilts and blocks to show for their work. However, I have not looked at them, I’ve only looked at the pattern as I will be presenting it to the group.

So I followed my own mystery directions very carefully. The directions say “You may use three different colors for this mystery, or three different values of the same color.  If you choose to use three different colors, you will want them to contrast with each other.” OK, done.

Moving on I decided what size I would make… that took another half hour. I don’t need another purple bed quilt, I don’t need another bed quilt period. I could make this and donate it to a charity, good idea. So I can make it a lap quilt, suitable for someone in a wheelchair, or someone undergoing treatments, just something to keep someone warm.

Next step, pre-cutting. So I press all the fabric neatly. Can’t work with shelf wrinkled material can I? Ironing done.

And I go over to the cutting table… ready to cut…. And I don’t want to make this quilt any more. Not now at least. I have no idea why… but something is keeping me from making that first cut.

So I’m going downstairs to do some hand work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge