Monday, March 26, 2012

and the lawyers got in the middle

Copyright is a scary thing.  And I respect copyright laws very much.  The law protects us.  The laws also make life miserable sometime. 

There is a well known designer who I’ve followed off and on for a while.  I like her style, well some of the time.  I don’t like my own style some of the time, so no offense if I don’t like everything someone makes all the time.

Anyway, this blogger is published.  I’ve been approached to publish several times.  I thought about it.  I said no.  I like my life the way it is minus the current pain of course.  I don’t need to go there. 

Recently this designer/blogger has had lawyers threatening her.  I’m not going into it, if you read quilt blogs you most likely know who I’m talking about.  I am very sorry that this talented young designer is going through this heart and head ache. 

And I am so happy I’ve said no when asked.  And I will say no if ever asked again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are once again moderated so that no one has to see the spam that some robot keeps trying to post. Your comments ARE important to me, and I will approve them as long as they aren’t smutty or trying to sell something. And if your ID is not accepted, send me an email, my address is on the sidebar.
Thanks for understanding
Marge