Friday, March 02, 2012

Pinterest?

A friend sent me an email and said she saw one of my quilts on someone’s pinboard.  Now, I’ve heard people talking about this pinterest thingy, but like so many other things I figured I had enough things to do and keep track of so I’ve never checked it out.  But since one of my quilts was on there maybe I should, so I did.  Not one of my quilts, several of my quilts, and a large number of my BOMs and other pictures and more.

So, should I be upset about it?  I really don’t know.  I mean in a way it’s a compliment, they like what they see enough to want to go back to it, kind of like a bookmark sort of…  should I get upset when people bookmark my site?  But if they like it, why not just bookmark it? 

I really don’t think it bothers me, except maybe….  I don’t think I would want anyone to copy any of my original ideas.  But what is really original?  And why get all upset over it.  Yes I know there is a code so people can’t pin my photos, but come on… wow, all that work.  If I had to put that code on ALL of my pages that would be over 1000 pages, and honestly, I don’t think I have time to do that. 

As I said at the beginning, I have enough to do already..... so back to it!

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy the compliment and if someone copies your work, going through the same amount of effort and time you did, then maybe they deserve to have it. It would be nice if people just turn a little ethical and ask before making and I'm sure most of us would simply say "yes". So feel special and enjoy your "fame".

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge