Thursday, March 08, 2012

Today's sewing

Today I am trying something a little different, not a quilt and nothing related to quilting.  Today I am altering a few shirts.  I have these wonderful Grand Club shirts which were given to me by ACS and they are too big.  (Yippee)  So this morning I took the sleeves off of one.  Yep, that’s it, that’s all I got done. 

I think the person who assembled that shirt went serger crazy.  I swear there were three rounds of serging stitches on both sleeves.  And the underarm section of the shirt and sleeve both had excess folded fabric wrapped up in all that stitching.  No wonder it was always uncomfortable when I wore it before   (At least twice, then I stuck it in the drawer since it was so uncomfortable) 

This afternoon’s job is to take the shirt in a wee bit and then sew the sleeves back on.  My guess is that will take me all of ten minutes, fingers crossed!  Then another shirt to be altered and then back to quilting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge