Thursday, December 31, 2009

Year In Review

When 2009 started we were excited and enthusiastic about all of our plans, it was going to be a great year. But…

By the end of January we were very aware that John’s Aunt needed our help and after much serious discussion we changed all of our plans so that we could take care of her. We did until a few weeks after we’d moved her closer and someone interfered. That forced us to take legal actions, which are still tied up in the court. She is ok, but needs us more than ever and needs more than us…. But until the court, nothing can be done.

While this was all happening, my knees decided to give up on me. I first felt some pain while going up and down the stairs in NY, and as time went by the pain went from worse to worser. I know that’s not a word, but it fits. In November the Doc asked me on the pain scale of 1 to 10 where my pain was, I told him 12). By the middle of July I wasn’t getting around much at all, and then even less. Finally surgery in November, pain gone almost 99%, but slowing creeping back. (Next Drs visit is next week)

BUT… not everything was bad. The Delaware Quilts Relay For Life team raised over $10,000 and ended the year in first place. (Thanks to our sponsor Serendipity Quilt Shop and many many generous donors)

All the down time forced me to get ahead on new patterns and BOMs, and to get more organized in my quilting world. Even though I didn’t make nearly as many new quilts this year, I am way ahead in the planning stages, and have new designs lined up and ready to go for 2010. And the whole year of BOMs is ready to go on line too.

Can I say we had a bad year, no… we are alive and fairly healthy, we still have our home and the bills are all paid, John has a job, and we still love each other very much. It wasn’t a bad year, but I can’t wait for it to be over.
Hurry up midnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge