Tuesday, November 16, 2010

10,000 Boxes!

IBOL guy is at it again, and trying to make us aware of things we can do to make the world a better place. That’s a lot.. and I agree with Art… you need to think of what YOU can do to make life better for someone else.

One thing of the many he is doing it the $26 challenge… I’m on board… $1 a week in an envelope. Hope he had good ideas for my $26.. personally I can think of several. There is a local soup kitchen that needs help… I just sent them a donation via PayPal.

I challenged some Relayers to ask strangers, family members, friends, etc, just one person a day for a $1 donation. Not a lot, just one little dollar. Some relayers have problems raising even $100… so ask one person a day for $1 and you can raise at least $365 a year… I’ve done my asking, and I have $240 in my $1 a day challenge envelope so far. How and why $240? Because that is what I've collected from people when I ask them for just $1. ( I will donate this to a deserving team member sometime this Relay year, but don’t tell them!)

Listen to Art’s video at
http://ibol.wordpress.com/2010/11/10/ibol-3d-and-veterans-day/ and see what you can do to make life better for someone else.

And start saving fabrics for those ten thousand boxes… I’ll bet we quilters can met that challenge! Thanks Art for all YOU do!

1 comment:

  1. I'm in of course...I am starting to set aside fabric and I'll use my Joanne's coupons to buy scissors and other notions. My envelope is at the ready too! (i was so jazzed to see my AAQ quilt sold..wish it would have been for a it more but it was still exciting!)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge