Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Didn’t forget

No Kathy I didn’t forget to come back and post more yesterday, I ran out of time. I worked until 10:00 when John told me he was headed to bed. I looked up at the clock thinking he was teasing me, the day had flown by.

What did I do all day? I did three loads of laundry, #3 is still in the dryer and needs to be folded. I worked on web pages, two new Retreat pages links here - http://delawarequilts.com/Retreat/ I did some Relay work and the photos from the November Retreat, http://delawarequilts.com/Retreat/2010/November/ and I even figured out the money from the retreat, what was Angels money, what was November money and what goes to Relay. Then I had to figure out costs, and for some reason that got me thinking of the retreat pins… next year is #15 so we’ll certainly need a special pin and that was what I was working on when John announced it was 10:00.

The November Retreat was a lot of fun, and I did get a lot of sewing done, two and a half sides of my Quarter of a Courthouse, a small scrappy batik quilt and a good part of another mystery quilt, which I could have finished if I hadn’t left half the fabric home.

The new ladies who attended this retreat really gave me a challenge, one I never expected. Before they had even gotten into the hotel they were asking why they couldn’t come back next year. I explained they’d filled spaces left by “regulars” who were not there for one reason or another and the next morning those same ladies said they wanted their own retreat. It took a few phone calls and emails and now I’ve added a third fall retreat, one exclusive to that group… for now at least.

Funny thing is, I cancelled my September retreats as no one had signed up for them the last two years, and because next year’s September Retreat happened to fall on Mike and Kelly’s wedding weekend. Now I’ve scheduled three fall retreats again, and yesterday I had a request for a private retreat in the summer….. The economy may not be picking up fast but some quilters sure are helping it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge