Sunday, November 21, 2010

Giving Spirit

I’m in a giving spirit lately, I think the upcoming holidays has a lot to do with it. I just want to give things away to people who NEED them, not necessarily want them. I shared my Relay donations from the Retreaters with other team members and a few non-team members also. I’m out of money to donate for this year, unless I sell a quilt sometime soon.

I have a box of quilt tops to go off to my friend who does the long arm quilting and her cute husband who does the bindings and then as a couple takes them to Children’s Hospital. Hopefully it will go in the mail tomorrow, and make for some nice New Years quilts… I don’t think they will be doing much longarming over the holidays.

I’ve done all my Christmas shopping, I hate shopping, so I bought goodies when I found them and shopping is done. Except…. maybe I will find something for my honey… I never know what he wants, he never says… I just have to guess and I’m never sure if he likes them or not.. he’s a boy that never grew up and doesn’t know how to pretend he likes what he’s given. (Example.. one year I gave him nice dressy sweater for work, and three years later found it with the tags still attached)

So how else can I give? Hmmmmm… how about another box of fabrics to a lucky donor? Not a raffle PayPal, I know I’m not allowed to do that anymore. But I will be giving away a large priority box of fabrics to someone who donates to me or who HAS already donated sometime before Christmas. If I time it right, and if the donor lives close enough, maybe mailman Santa will deliver it in time for Christmas Eve.

Two ways to get in on this if you haven’t already donated… PayPal link at the Donation link on http://delawarequilts.com/Relay/ or if you’d like a tax receipt you may donate at http://main.acsevents.org/goto/MargeGordon Either way, 100% of your donation will go to Relay For Life. Maybe you can help my team reach their goal before the end of the year?
Regardless, thanks for donating! Every dollar brings us closer to the cure, and perhaps will get you a box of fabrics….

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge