Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Divvying up the money

At each fall retreat I sold notions, fat quarters and patterns as well as T-shirts and in November some books… didn’t have room in the car for them in October. All of that money, plus the profit if there is any goes to Relay For Life.

Because it is now officially the end of year 14 of my retreats, I am making a final accounting and donating the profits from sales and retreat profits to charity, most if it being Relay For Life. However I’ve decided this year to donate to some other worthy causes as well.

I made two donations to Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation through family and friends who were walking in a recent Walks to Cure Diabetes. Let’s try to cure diabetes sooner than later, so these kids can live long and healthy lives. I also donated to Habitat For Humanity to help build new homes for single parent families. The number of homeless families in our area is sad.

I’ve donated to team members who are having birthdays this month, Kelly and Anne both. And I made a donation to Carole Lyn in memory of a past teammate and friend Annie. I will add more to my sponsor donation too.

Thanks to all of the retreaters who so generously supported my charities, especially Relay For Life. Together we WILL find the cure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge