Sunday, November 28, 2010

Busy Day

I love being back in my sewing room, even more so on the weekend. When John is home his computer is on and the noise the fan makes on it drives me bonkers. So much so that when he is on his computer and I wanted to sew I wouldn't... but that's not an issue now. I can go upstairs and he can make all the racket he wants. He can have his computer and loud fan on, be watching tv and talking on the phone all at once and it won't bother me one little bit.

To celebrate I sewed almost all day long. I finished the Dallas Cowboy quilt, just a little bit of thread trimming left. Then I decided to finish my red and white November Stars. I worked on it at the November Retreat until I ran out of reds because I left a stack of 4 1/2 inch red squares at home on the cutting board. I now have all the large stars and the nine patches finished, progress. And I have a great start on the small stars. I need nine for the setting I want. It's looking really nice and I'm glad I started it.

John came home from his daily visit with Aunt Sheryl and announced he wanted steak for dinner, so we went out. Truthfully I think he is tired of turkey, LOL! I had turkey pot pie on the menu for tonight.

2 comments:

  1. Marge.. I am so glad that you are baxk in your own quilt space, doing the sewing and creating that you adore. It was quite painful to hear the frustration in your blog when you could not sew. And now there is joy! Happy Holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had pizza 'cause we were tired of turkey too.

    Glad to see you sewing more.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge