Sunday, August 24, 2008

Here’s a quilt post, Mystery #4

Friday was another mystery day on my Mysteries For Relay group, this is the quilt that they made this time. I got a lot of comments about it, and I think it says a lot about mysteries….

One quilter commented after the first clue “I was worried about what my geometric print would look like in an 'unknown' design - but it looks cool in this!” This was a fabric she’d had for awhile and couldn’t decide what to do with it, so she used it on the unknown, and was pleased. I liked her print I can’t wait to see her quilt finished.

Another emailed me that it was fun making something with just straight lines. I guess I’d burned them out on diagonal half squares (or half square triangles) with Mystery #3.

But another said, “When you said this project had no HSTs I thought boring, but I did it anyway. I love it, thanks.” No, thank you, I like surprising you with good old fashioned quilts.

“I would have never tired this had I known it was an Irish Chain, that pattern always scared me” Well I’m glad you got it out of your scare column. Never be afraid of something just because it was a lot of little pieces… see how easy it was!

“I'm having a great time with this particular mystery. I'm sure when it is all done I would never have tried something that had so many little pieces.” And that is what makes it fun, you didn’t know how many pieces and you did it anyway!

And let me say a big THANK YOU to all the ladies who have joined this group and donated to ACS. The purpose of the group IS to raise money to help fight cancer. And that it has, over $800 since it started in March this year. The mysteries and freebie designs I give you are my way of saying thank you for your donations. From the bottom of my heart, a huge thanks for making it so much fun for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge