Saturday, August 16, 2008

"Updated what?"

I had a suggestion from a very nice lady today about my web site. She said I was pretty good at changing the updated date on the home page, but a lot of the time she couldn’t tell what I updated. She suggested that I put BOMs updated and the date, or Retreat page updated, etc. Well I thought about it and agreed with her. That would help me keep track too!

So, since I had an update to do, I took her up on her suggestion. I had finished a sample before we left on vacation, somewhere in-between John’s kidney stone and packing for the trip and hitting the road. I just updated my UFO list, and on the home page I added UFO list updated August 16, 2008. Thanks for the suggestion Sandy in MO.

About that UFO list… I am hanging my head in shame… I really haven’t done well with it this year. My goal was to finish everything I started, and get at least half of the UFOs finished. Well I have started 14 (there are two not in the list I’m so embarrassed!) and finished only five of them. And I have only finished five of the forty-seven UFOs I started the year with.

On the other hand I am very pleased with the new quilts I have made this year, and the new patterns I am working on. And I have quilt ideas bursting in my head from our vacation, including Crop Circles, Grand Canyon and Corn Fields. That might be all one quilt, or it might be three different ones, time will tell.

But before I can even start that, we are moving rooms again. We’ve decided we like the master bedroom on the first floor, and my sewing room has outgrown the old first floor master bedroom…. so here we go again. As soon as I can motivate my guys we will be moving the bed here to the office so I can start moving the sewing room upstairs. And as soon as the old master bedroom now sewing room is empty we will repaint it (it hasn’t been painted since we moved here in 1995) and if we can afford it put down new carpeting. Then we will finish moving bedroom furniture to the old master bedroom, now sewing room, soon to be master bedroom again.

Why didn’t we do this in the first place… I know John and the boys have asked that…. Honestly, I didn’t think I could manage the house if my sewing room was upstairs. I have put dinner on and gone back to sewing and completely forgotten about it until I smelled the smoke, and I am/was just down the hall from the kitchen. Once we move the sewing room upstairs I will just have to force myself to either stay downstairs when cooking, or not cook… sounds good to me!

Today’s photo… this was taken very early in the morning (6:06 AM) on August 1st as we watched the sunrise from the Lodge on the North Rim. I had walked (hiked?) down to a view point to shoot back up at the Lodge and saw this plant hang on the edge and snapped this quickly… wow… what a shot, imagine if I had taken time to focus better.

And here is the photo I took this hike to get.

1 comment:

  1. Hi I found you off of Cathy's page, I am here on blogger too-with a link to my main blog on multiply. good to see you again-I was in your group at one time for a short while-and learned alot about quilting from you-Kathyinozarks

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge