Friday, August 22, 2008

Today’s photo… this is a Red Tailed Hawk from our trip through New Mexico. We were on 54 headed south when I spotted this huge bird fly into a tree on the side of the road. John screeched the car to a stop and I whipped out the camera and got quite a few good shots of this handsome guy. He even let me put on the telephoto lens to get up close and personal, although from this look I think he was saying enough.

At least I think that was what he was saying…. Funny how we think we can read what some creatures are saying, and others we haven’t a clue about. I have a friend who just proved to me you never really know what someone is thinking. We’ve been together for quite a few years now, taken trips together, gone out to lunch many times, spent hours in each others homes talking, laughing, sharing life’s adventures and much more. I admired this woman a lot, she offered much to our small group with her expertise and her knowledge and she was a delightful person to be with.

Now I find out that she is uncomfortable with our group and does not want to be a part of us anymore. “I've done a lot of work in/with groups for my job and it takes a lot to make them work successfully, and I wasn't up to trying to get it to work better for me” We are sorry we didn’t work out right for her, although we will forever wonder why.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Marge - I have just caught up with your blog. Loved the vacation pictures and I think I need to join the Stashbuster Web Ring -- I'm downsizing in anticipation of moving and I really need to downsize some of this stash!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge