Tuesday, August 19, 2008

This morning started off kind of shaky, John was up and down a lot last night, and not feeling too great this morning, but he went to work and is now home, so ok for now. I’m hoping it’s not another stone… time will tell.

As soon as he left for work I was up and showered and out the door. I had forgotten tomatoes, lettuce and a few other things at the store, so rushed to get them. Came home and enjoyed part of my cup of coffee before I started "straightening up" before the SOBs arrived for the day. Unfortunately the rest of my cup of coffee went all over the back porch floor, so I added mopping up that mess to my "straightening up" list.

I was glad when Nancy and Charlotte arrived and I could sit down and relax. They wanted to see some of my trip pictures (no I didn’t twist their arms, they asked) so we did that, and were still doing that when Pat arrived. I had fun showing the photos (hardly any of them really) and sharing my trip stories and sure hope I didn’t bore them to death.

Soon it was show and tell time, and both Pat and Nancy had some nice things to show. Nancy has the scrap fever, probably worse than I do, and was showing some quilts and fancy borders she’s made recently. Pat was working on beading a cute little wall hanging she’s making for a gift, very pretty. They are such a talented bunch, I’m surprised they let me hang around with them. We had a great time, although missed Marilyn again.

Strangely, I didn’t do any sewing at all, and it doesn’t even bother me. I’m still on vacation mode I guess… but I’d better get back to it soon… as soon as we get the sewing room moved.




Today’s photo…
These are Prickly Poppies which we saw on our ride through New Mexico, such a delicate flower on such a harsh stem in such a harsh environment. Nature is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge