Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Cell PHONEs?

I believe they are still called cell PHONES? Right? I could be wrong though, and let me explain why…. Recently both John and I ungraded our phones. We had identical phones for the last nine or so years, which worked well. I knew how his worked and he knew how mine worked and we could use each other’s phones. That was especially important when one of us was going out and his phone wasn’t charged, so he could just use my battery and I could plug in and recharge while stuck at home.

But this year we couldn’t agree on which one we wanted, he wanted one kind and I wanted a different one. The one I wanted went on sale (FREE) so I got it. So far I like it, a lot. (He’s hung up on the caller every time he’s used my new phone, can’t get the hang of the slider mechanism.)

When I got the new cell PHONE I of course read the directions, isn’t that the proper thing to do? First it tells you all the parts, plug ins etc… ok, that’s good information. Then it tells you how to connect to the internet… nope, don’t need that, I have a lap top, skip those ten pages. Next, how to send and receive messages, nope, don’t do that either. Next, how to work the camera. No, I have a real camera, and I prefer it, skip those pages. Surely there are PHONE directions in here somewhere. Next, how to play music. Wait… I bought a cell PHONE, I want to know how to use it, not every other gadget I don’t want. Next games, nope, GPS, nope, something else, nope… FINALLY how to make calls.

Three weeks later, I like my new cell PHONE, I don’t need all the gadgets that came with it. It makes great calls, even at home! I have not and will not use the other gadgets.

Finally the other day John’s cell PHONE choice went on sale ($0.00) so I ordered it for him. It’s a flip phone, one similar to the ones we had for the last three years, so shouldn’t be too much of a change for him. I’ve plugged it in so it will be fully charged when he gets home. Opened up the instruction book, something I know he will never do… Phone parts, ok, call functions is next! WOW I am impressed, his phone actually had call functions BEFORE all the other stuff. A whole half a page on how to make and receive calls. The next 600 pages in tiny tiny print are all the other features… ok I exaggerate a little .. the next 169 pages of tiny tiny tiny tiny text. I think I’ll let him figure out his own new phone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge