Saturday, April 17, 2010

Not so liberated

As a designer who can’t sew right now I am depending heavily on my testers. I know what I write is usually right, but sometimes I can sew better than I can write, so I need them to tell me if my directions make sense or not. I also have ladies who are gooder better talkers and tipers typers typist than I is who correct my grammer. I hope these ladies really know how much I appreciate what they do for me.

A few days ago I sent a new to me pattern to one of my testers and this morning I got a reply from her… the subject line said, “you’ve gone liberated on me” I laughed, and read on.

“Marge, you know that I usually love your quits, most of them. This one just isn’t you, nor is it me, and I’ll ask that you get someone else to test it. I just can’t get into this liberated look.”

OK, maybe it was a little off my normal but I would hardly call it liberated… I agree with Barb that some of those liberated quits just look like.. well… some of them just are not pretty. But they are the rage right now and other people like them. But I didn’t think this pattern fell in that liberated category, not even close. My pattern could be done totally scrappy which would have given it the liberated look, but it could also be done completely controlled making it far from liberated.

I will send it on to another tester, and see what she thinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge