Friday, April 30, 2010

Tomorrow’s mystery day

Yesterday one of the Mysteries For Relay ladies sent me three samples of fabrics to use on the mystery which starts tomorrow. She wanted my suggestions and opinion… So I opened up my Electric quilt and played with her colors, moved them around, played some more. One I set I immediately rejected, too dark. The other two were great looking, but one I liked a little bit better, so I recommended those to her.

That of course, put my mind in quilting mode, and I spent the next hour or so playing with color combinations and lay outs and by time I was done I was so anxious to sew it hurt! Well not physically, but mentally for sure. I long to sit at a sewing machine and hear it humming away, joining two pieces of fabric together and making beautiful things.

But that won’t happen just yet, I still need to get through Relay. This week’s work is pretty much finished, I think. There wasn’t a lot, wish there was more, more money for Relay and more work to keep me busy so I don’t stray off into quilting mode.

Relay comes next… shorting t-shirts and last minute stuff on Tuesday night, bank night and hopefully LOTS of money on Wednesday night, then lots of work on Thursday, last minute stuff on Friday morning, reports etc and then sometime Friday afternoon off to the legion for the event.

THEN, when I’ve finished all the work and when I’ve caught up on my sleep… THEN I will sew. First project, finish Mystery #11, Quarter of a Courthouse.. then who knows, I have a billion things I want to do… a whole year’s worth of sewing to catch up on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge