Thursday, April 01, 2010

April Fools

It’s a beautiful sunny day out, so I decided to go out and enjoy it. I found a few things out… it’s not as warm out as it looks. Yes warmer, but still not as warm as I like. And I can’t sit in the rocker. We have a lovely rocking swing outside and it’s perfect for relaxing. Except I can’t sit in it now. I tried. It hurt like heck.

So I came back inside and did some blog hopping. I found quite a few April fool’s posts, but none of them seemed funny to me… Where has everyone’s humor gone?

I also saw a lot of stash reports. Guess I’ll take that as a reminder to make my own.
Fabric purchased, none
Fabric used, none
Fabric sitting around waiting to be used up, to dang much!

We mailed our census back, did you? How silly is it that it is supposed to be done on April fool’s day, or should I say how ironic? I’m trying to remember doing it last time…
Ten years ago…
There were four living in this house according to the census, although most of the time there were six or even eight of us. John and I, the boys, and the boys assorted friends. Ten years ago we were getting ready for a trip to Walt Disney World with six bus loads of kids…
And IF I am remembering correctly, it was ten years ago today that we got a phone call from the track coach telling us we needed to rush to the other side of the state to collect an injured son. When we got there the coach kept saying “If I hadn’t seen it myself I would have never believed it.” Jonathon went up over a hurdle and was literally blown backwards by a wind gust and landed funny resulting in a bad sprain.

So what were you doing ten years ago today?

PS.. looking at the photos of that trip, I remembered quite a few Aprils fools jokes played on me by my boys and occasionally their friends. I’m almost relieved to say they are grown up and on their own now… almost… And part of me wants to warn the girls too. But they’ve been together for 5 and 4 years now, if K & S don’t know to be careful on April 1, then it’s too late for me to warn them now.

1 comment:

  1. Wow 10 years ago. I will have to really think about that one. These questions are why I love my blog. The history!

    Speedy recovery my dear!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge