Friday, April 09, 2010

sigh...

While blog hopping I came across some photos from a quilt retreat a lady had attended. She had a wonderful time but I wondered how she got any sewing done at all… there were three ladies sharing one table, two on one side and one in the middle on the other side. Then I came across another retreat report with photos showing two ladies at a table. Again, hard to imagine how they get much done. BUT… looking back at some of my own old retreat photos I remembered that in the beginning we did have to share tables, and we did get a lot done. And of course we had a great time no matter how packed in we were, who doesn’t have a fun time at a quilt retreat?

If we had been retreating this week as was planned we would have had a whole table to ourselves, with lots of room for all of our “stuff”. Some of us would have more “stuff” than others, overflowing to the floor and even to our neighbors table. Some of us would have had a neat and tidy table, and appear as we were doing nothing but accomplishing more than anyone else. Some of us would have had piles of “stuff” which grew larger and larger every time we left the hotel. (Bags and fabric multiply you know, especially in the spring) Some of us would look extremely busy and never get a thing done.
All of us would have laughed ourselves silly more than one time by now and always hesitated drinking anything when certain people were talking, just incase it was something funny… All of us waiting in great anticipation for Joanie’s annual funny… you know she would do something to make us all love her even more and laugh till we leaked hurt over it.

Can you tell where my head is today and my heart too. I miss the retreat, but even more I miss the retreaters. I miss each and every one of you, lots. Debbie, Candy and Mariann, Barbara, Joan and Laura, Denny and Carol, Janet, Alyssa, Suzi, Jennifer, Doris and Carolyn. And you too Sandi, even though you’ve never retreated before, I’m sure you would have fit right in.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge