Saturday, March 26, 2011

I quit!

Yep, I just quit Facebook. Why? One more smutty email from a friend, this time it was Candy. Candy always sends me neat jokes, fun sites to visit, and beautiful pictures to look at. I trust Candy with my life, so I didn’t think twice when I got an email from her through Facebook that said look at this, you won’t believe it…. Well I looked and no I don’t believe it. I can’t believe that people are that sick. So I went in and deactivated my account, put in the password, confirmed the messed up words, confirmed them again since I could hardly read the first one, and then finally was through. Now I can honestly delete any emails that come through Facebook because I don’t belong any more… now know that when I click a link a friend sends me, it will truly be from my friends… not that facebook trash.

PS, yes I know Candy didn't send me that email, nor did Bonnie send me the pic of her cute little.... or Suzi send me the pcitures of... which is why I quit. People I was "friends of" sent me the smut, through facebook, or so it seemed, and I know not one of my true life friends sent me any such email!

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I don't Facebook either. It leaves me much more time to sew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. JennyD7:42 PM

    Just make sure your account stays deactivated. Facebook stores all of your information and makes it really easy for someone to reactivate it. =(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was a member of Facebook for about 3 days. I just wasn't for me. I had people coming out of the woodwork requesting to be my friend...just don't have the time for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can go into the email accounts and block things you don't want to get. I have had this happen to me and all your friends can get the same thing you are getting. Not a good place to be. They are not very secure at all. Chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ouch....I hope everyone realizes that the "smutty" WASN'T from me!! Nope,...would NEVER so that to my buddy Marge!! Hugs.....Candy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marge, that's too bad that you had that problem. I don't seem to get stuff like that. You would have to go into your privacy controls and not let certain people see any of your info.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going to stay in it just to keep up with some family that I don't get to see very often. I don't get the weird emails like you say you got. I hope people aren't getting them from me!
    I love it when people won't talk to you in public, but they want to be-friend you online. Yep..they're deleted right away.

    It takes all kinds of sources to make us happy. I'd rather be sewing than "non-veral communication"!

    People who are glued to their I-Phones irriate me more than Facebook!
    Stay warm and enjoy the spring.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge