Saturday, March 26, 2011

Washing fabric

I am finally getting ALL of my unpacking done from the retreat, which right now seems like it was a year ago. I can’t believe what a busy week I have had. The only thing left to put away is the fabric I bought while up there.

I ALWAYS prewash my fabrics and always will. I have a wall hanging made from scraps which were not prewashed and the red ran. I also have a quilt which was given to me by a friend which had unwashed fabrics in it. When it was washed some shrank and others did not and it pulled apart many of the seams.

The majority of the fabrics I am washing now are reds and they made the wash water a pretty shade of pink. Funny thing about all those reds, I was trying to match or come close to a Moda marble I had and had to buy other reds because I could not match that one. After I got home, I found in the summer sewing room, aka the office, two whole yards of the red I was looking for… apparently I had more of it than I thought I did. Oh well… I like reds, and they will make some great stars!


PS when the fabric is dry, folded and put away, the Spring Retreat will be officially over….sigh… what a great retreat it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge