Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Retreat report


Kathy asked me if I had a nice retreat, so I’m replying to her here… and everyone else can read it too.

I went to have a good time, and I sure did.

I wanted to use up some orphan blocks that had been haunting me, and I used most of them, making three orphan quilts. Then someone gave me some more, and I made two more little quilts. Three will go to Texas for a hospital charity there, and the other two to another charity.

And I went to do a little shopping, I needed backing for one quilt which I got, and a red marble. The reds I found didn't match the red I needed so I ended up getting three or four close reds, just a yard of each. And I bought a yard of a blue marble which I know I didn't have in my stash and would go with the baby fabric I want to make a quilt with, same one that I was looking for the red for.

And I raised some money for Relay, thank you to ALL of the retreaters who made that happen, and thanks too for the Wawa card… I haven’t paid for gas since October last year, and that card is at least two fill ups… unless gas goes any higher. (Please no!)

It was a wonderful week, but back to reality now.

1 comment:

  1. hI Marge, we were in Bird In Hand on Saturday and was shocked to see that Wa Wa on the corner of rte 30 and 896 is now call Lancaster Food and Gas. How quickly things are changing. Love your little quilts.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge