Sunday, March 27, 2011

More on facebook…

Oh the advice people have given me since I quit, LOL! Thanks everyone, but I am done with it. Several people said that I should have changed my privacy settings. My settings were as private as I could make them. Some people said I should have gone no email. I was on no email, but still got the smutty emails supposedly sent through facebook as well as friend requests and too many gaming and such requests.

I think what disturbed me the most about facebook, except for the smutty emails… that people wrote on my wall. I don’t like people writing on my walls, ask my sons. They always liked to smack the wall above the door jams when they walked through, proving their height (taller than Mom) and that left fingerprints. Now if I don’t like finger prints, why would I want people to write on my wall.


Another thing about facebook that bothered me, people who wanted to be my friend. I don’t have as many friends in real life as those who wanted to be my friends on facebook. Don’t get me wrong, I have many MANY dear friends… but there were people who wanted to be my friend who I’d never met, never had any intention of meeting either. Just because you read my blog or visited my web site doesn’t make you my friend. Just because we happened to live on the same planet at the same time doesn't make you my friend either.


And when the national news asks people to comment on a story on face book, or some advertiser asks us to “like” them on facebook… no thank you. I think facebook is just another name for Big Brother… the one we worried about in the past that is now real… I think he asked me to be his friend on facebook


Yes I know ALL my information is still on there and I can easily go back. The joke is on them, I didn’t put anything on there that people didn’t already know about me. I’m a wife and a mother, I am a quilter and I am a Relayer. I reveal enough about my life on this blog and didn’t need to repeat it on there.


I am done with it, so please, no more advice on what I should have done, or what I could have done, and pleeeez don’t tell me what I am missing… I am not missing anything, my life is full enough without facebook!

1 comment:

  1. Amen too! I think half those strangers who want to be your friend want you to be their friends so they can play some silly game. I prefer blogging.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge