Thursday, July 28, 2011

My sleepless night

I was tired at ten last night, so I went to bed. I was almost asleep when my DH (and in this case I don’t mean dear) asked me to turn the ceiling fan down. Problem was, it was as low as it could go, next speed was off. So I turned it off and came in here to the living room for a while. Why… MY problem, not his. He can’t sleep (yea right) with the fan on, and I can’t sleep without it. That man can and has slept through a lot more noise than the ceiling fan.

I went back to bed when I heard him snoring and turned the fan on… on medium too! Did he hear it, heck no… which I knew. I was soon fast asleep…

Until 3 AM when something woke me up. I wasn’t sure what and it wasn’t the cat, he was looking at me like I had bothered him. So I went back to bed and to sleep. Little bit later, same thing. This time the cat didn’t hear it…and as hard as I tried to stay awake to hear the noise again… I couldn’t.

Until 4AM when I distinctly heard a beep beep beep noise. Like a phone that saying its battery was low. So I got up and looked for his cell phone… I knew it wasn’t mine because mine also lights up when it beeps and it wasn’t lit. I looked all over for his cell… and waited for it to beep again… until my last nerve got to me and I picked up the house phone and called ….

Which woke him up since his cell phone was on his bedside table. But guess what, it wasn’t his cell.. it was his pager which was in his backpack. He changed the battery, plugged in his cell, just incase, and went back to bed and right back to sleep.

Me… wide awake until a little after 6AM. Then awake again at 6:30 when his alarm went off. And again when John left for work and again when my alarm went off…

I will sleep tonight, with the fan on, you can take my word for it!

1 comment:

  1. Most couple argue about the funniest stuff but my beef with your whole scenario is why couldn't he just turn the fan off or down himself? Why did he have to wake you up?

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge