Thursday, July 26, 2012

UFOs

Very interesting post on UFOs at Quiltmaker today.  

Here are a few of my favorite lines, and my replies

This is Part 1 of an informal series on UFOs (UnFinished Objects). Most of us have them. Some of us are plagued by them. Almost everyone would prefer to have fewer of them.

Not me, I seem to enjoy creating them, the more the merrier, at least that’s what I keep telling myself.  I started the year with 51 UFOs and one WIP…  now… sigh…  well I’ve finished and/or donated the tops of 25 but now have 55 UFOs, yes the number went up not down. 

A word of caution: Don’t be overwhelmed by the list. It’s just a tool. You have the list—the list doesn’t have you!

Oh I’m not overwhelmed, I seem to enjoy adding to the list… I think it’s a disease, incurable for sure. 

Beginning with just one or two UFOs on the list, ask yourself why each became a UFO. Some of the possibilities:

I love the excuses reasons she gives, some of them just tickly my funny bone to hysterics.  But then she said the one.. the one that I use as my excuse reason, only because it is true!

You got sidetracked with more interesting new projects

Sidetracked, more like railroaded… the new more interesting got to see how that would work and then …..I have all the blocks done and laid out on the bed and oh that’s how it looks, nice, but what’s next… and THAT is why I have so many dang UFOs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge