Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Working on uglies

Last fall we had Ugly Fat Quarter contests at the three fall retreats.  We voted on the ugliest and then made some blocks and quite a few quilts with some of them.  BUT there were a lot leftover.  I brought them home. 

Since then…..
They’ve multiplied…
I made two heart quilts




 And one Jacob’s Ladder












And three Sailing Ship quilts








All with leftover uglies.  And they’ve multiplied some more.  I know they have because when I went to use the “few pieces” which were left, there was a whole bag full of them. 

So I’m using them up and will throw away what is left, in the trash, and take that to the trash can outside and put that on the road Thursday morning so they will go away to the dump so they cannot multiply in this house again. 

I’ll show you my final ugly quilt when it’s finished, I’ve made over 60 blocks so far and am almost to the end… unless they multiply again before I get them out of here. 

3 comments:

  1. Wow. What a good scrap user you are. Great tops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gee, i don't see any uglies at all...great stashbusting, marge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are one of the most productive people I know! These are such fun quilts Marge.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge