Thursday, July 17, 2008

One never knows
























I have never tried to get my quilts published, I don’t want to go that route. A designer friend got into that big time, and it ended up being a bigger headache than anything else, and it cost her more money than it paid. Another friend in the business said that all being published got her was the right to say she was published, and some extra space in her sewing room while her quilts were away, for over a year, to be photographed. Nope, not for me… I make quilts to be used, abused, loved and worn out.

Imagine my surprise when I get a request from a national well known publishing firm to use one of my quilt photos in a book to be published in the spring of 2009.

I will share details later, when the “business” part of this is all worked out, they are making a donation to ACS I hope, and giving me a copy of the book. I’m not sure which one makes me happier!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge