Friday, September 12, 2008

Almost done

The cabinet and machine are now in their new home on the second floor. Not quite where I envisioned them, but close enough for now. I’m still not sure about the lighting, so will have to try sewing before I make the final decision. I’m so unsure I am holding off on filling the cabinet until I get the chance to sew and check it out better.

Where and how I thought they would go is certainly not going to work. It would mean the light would be coming from the left side, and that isn’t enough light for these old eyes. I’ve had a nice Ott light over the machine for the last three years, and have gotten used to that. So I’m going to have to figure out a way to get light where I want it.

I have enough Ott lights, that isn’t the problem. I have a nice one downstairs that John bought me for Christmas a few years ago to use in the living room. The problem with that one is that the head or light part won’t stay up… it keeps sliding down. So it works fine downstairs, but won’t work up here. I have the one that was behind the cabinet downstairs, which may go there again. I have a long neck one which goes on the cutting table, and I have two portables a blue one and a purple one, both given to me as gifts from special friends.

My problem is how to plug them in when the cabinet sits almost in the middle of the room. I have a battery back up unit under the computer, and I might run a serge strip to the middle of the room from there… but I’m a little concerned with overload… how much can one of those things carry?

I think I’ll try it out in the daytime when someone is home to trip the circuit breaker if needed…



No sewing room photo today, it’s too dark to take one. So today’s photo is a weather photo from our trip, the Grand Canyon in the rain. John’s sister Cheri really liked this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge