Thursday, September 25, 2008

Nor’easter Day

Today was to be SOB day, but we have a nor’easter passing by which has made going anywhere not fun, so we’re staying home. That gives me a free day to continue working on this room, and hopefully I will get a lot done.

The nor’easter seems to have brought with it something that bothers my allergies, and my eyes are itching, my nose dripping and my throat scratchy. I took my allergy pill last night, but I guess it doesn’t cover nor’easter allergies.

I didn’t get to sew yesterday, but I got a lot of other work done. I got some of my quilts put on shelves that were already in the closet, which I didn’t think would work, but seem to be working just fine. I need one more set of brackets and then I think all of my quilts will be in one place…. Maybe


Hmmmm, now that I post this picture I see that maybe one of these shelves is sagging, or else I have the bracket holders uneven, I’ll have to look at that closer.

I’m planning on taking all the quilts off anyway, so I can refold them neater and put some muslin covered cardboard between them and the shelves, so they don’t get all those lines in them.




Incase there are any other Survivor fans reading this, tonight is the first episode of season 17. I really can’t explain why I love this show, but I do. It’s the people watcher in me I guess. To me at times the survivors remind me of ladies at a quilt sale, doing anything to protect their bolts from someone who might try to steal them. I didn’t watch the first season, but my kids did, so I guess I can blame them for getting me hooked. And I have to say, I was thrilled that our new Relay chair told me last night she is also a fan, that means no Thursday meetings for sure, yippee!
11:34 AM
A little while later I’ve lined the shelves with muslin and refolded the quilts, and checked the level on that bottom one. Turns out that the brackets which hold the shelf up are not level, so the shelf never will be. Oh well….

I have more quilts to put on here, but need that other shelf hung first. And the top two on the unlevel shelf will go down on the bottom shelf once I get it up there. (They are my AG Broken Dishes and my 2008 Sampler Quilt)

1 comment:

  1. Still no sewing? Give in, stitch a block or two. The closet storage looks great! Bonnie/PA

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge