Thursday, September 11, 2008

Facebook?

I’m pretty much up with all the stuff that goes on here on this World Wide Web. I have a web site, and I have a blog too. I’ve heard of face book, but don’t think I ever visited there before. Although now that I think of it, I think I may have visited my sons’ face books at one time or another… maybe one of them… I seem to remember seeing all their “friends”.

Then this morning a friend asked me to “Check out my Facebook profile” so I did… or I tried. Seems you have to have a facebook to look at a facebook. So I tried to sign up… of course they don’t explain everything to you fully enough to understand what you are doing, and I signed up at DelawareQuilts… that IS me after all, my web site, my blog and my business. It asked me if I was a business… hey it’s pretty smart… yes…. Page refreshes or opens a new page or something and a whole bunch of new forms appear for me to fill out.

Now I am a mature adult and I know what to give and what not to give to sites on the WWW…. I fill out only what I want it to know… and then it keeps taking me to my “Ads” page. I don’t want to do an “Ad” let alone pay for one… so now what…

OH… I see, I’m now signing up as a business… I don’t think I want to do that, so I disable, deactivate, disarm or something that… and try again. I’ll just be me… But it won’t let me do that because each email can only have one face, and I used my face… errr… email… so I use another one… yes I have more than one email, doesn't everyone? So I start the process all over again, and there I am… just me… in facebook.

Big deal….

I think I’ll go organize or move some stuff… little more to go and if I get my butt off of this chair maybe I can have it finished this week.

Today’s photo… my best friend and I on a recent trip we took…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge