Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Comments

Not all the comments that are made about my blog show up here, that’s because people email me privately or even call me on the phone. Two recent posts have brought in a lot of comments… I will only comment on one of them because I said “And that is ALL I will say about this election” and I intend to keep that promise.

So to those who commented on my “neat” sewing room let me clarify something… it isn’t neat… not at all. That picture was taken just to satisfy the requests for photos, and it was staged. Yep.. I made it neat for the photo. I moved the pile of bed pillows that I am keeping up here to keep them safe. I moved the two bins of WIPs which will go under the cutting table when it finally makes its way upstairs. And I pulled back three laundry baskets of stuff which were being transferred from one floor to the other.

That photo represented about one quarter of the room. The opposite corner is my desk, which right now is a mess… on it are things that belong on my dresser which is half upstairs and half down. I’m keeping them up here on the desk so they won’t get dust and paint on them when the downstairs room is painted, and so I know where they are when I need them.
Also on it are papers for Relay, and for upcoming Retreats. Not very neat, and you won’t be seeing a photo of this corner anytime soon.

The other half of the room is still in organizational stages… my old bureau still has most of my clothing in it, I’m transferring those gradually, and hope to be done today. On the top of the bureau are suitcases waiting to be packed full of quilts for an upcoming trunk show road trip. There is also a little bit of bureau top stuff like my jewelry box… which is strange.. when was the last time anyone saw me wearing jewelry?

The quilts which will be going in those suitcases have been piled high on the hope chest in the corner which will house the bookcase when it comes up. Have been because every time I go downstairs I take a few more with me…. no one is sitting on my sofa any time soon… Some day this week I hope to sort quilts and pack them in those suitcases for that trunk show.

Yesterday I dragged out the two bedroom end tables, which will stay neatly in the upstairs hallway until the bedroom is ready for them downstairs. There is still a hope chest and a trunk which need to find a room someplace, I’m thinking the storage room (a.k.a. Mike’s old room) except you can’t get in there right now because of other “stuff”. (Some ours, most of it son’s and a LOT of it could disappear as far as I’m concerned… sigh… )

And the dormer part of the room is pretty neat, but I can’t show it without moving a lot of other “stuff” so you won’t see it for a while either.

No, this room is hardly neat, but it won’t get any neater with me sitting here… so bye for now!

Today’s photo, hummers… This was taken from my recliner in the living room. There are still quite a few of these little guys and gals buzzing around here, but I know they are getting ready to head south for the winter. I’ll miss them.

There is something quite amazing about this picture… it was taken through the window and screen, and yet the feeder and bird don’t show the screen at all, it almost looks like the screen was behind them. Amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge