Friday, September 05, 2008

The impossible challenge

My husband challenged me… something he doesn’t do often but last night for some unknown reason he did… he wants me to get rid of the piles on the floor here in my new sewing room. He doesn’t like the basket and bins which haven’t found a home yet. Give me a break, I’m still moving in, and still sorting.

I am not one to not accept a challenge. I may not be able to accomplish this one, but I can sure try. I feel there will always be baskets and bins, at least until I get rid of some of my stash. Maybe that is the answer to this challenge. The only way to make room for the bins and baskets on the floor is to get rid of my stash somehow…

I can use it up sooner or later.. but that will take a long time. I already sent a box off to Phila, and I have another one ready to go in the mail to Oregon, and I have a bin of fabrics I’m taking to the retreat to “sell” for Relay. I don’t have a Scrappy class until sometime next year, so I need to keep my bins of scraps for then.

He has asked that I don’t sell any of my quilts, but I don’t think he REALLY knows how many quilts I have. Some of these quilts will be sold, and the money will go to Relay or Making Strides, depending on when they sell. Some of the quilts and finished tops will go to charity. Most of the quilts I will keep for my personal collection. They have special meaning to me and are a part of who I am… they will stay here.

If I use up my stash making quilts that he won’t let me sell or give away, I’ll eventually run out of space to store the quilts and then they will be in piles too. Although for some strange reason he said he wouldn’t mind piles of quilts… so here’s what I’m going to do… HEY… he reads this too, sometimes, so I can’t say!

Today’s photo…
The new Relay For Life web page banner. We started a new year this week, and a new web site will soon be up and running. We’re waiting for the higher ups to update the registration details so that all events will have the same fees. It’s always an exciting time of year for me, and sometimes a lot of work… but after four years of doing this, I think I am ready for it this year… I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge