Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Relay Time Again!


It’s that time of year again, another Relay year has begun. I have many reasons for Relaying, and there seems to be more every year.

ACS came up with a theme last year, Celebrate, Remember, Fight Back! This year I celebrate for Joanie, who once again has fought back against cancer, and is winning the battle. I celebrate for Bob in Pennsylvania, Bourbon in New York, Carol in Pennsylvania, Cheri in Delaware, Deke in Delaware, Ginny in Virginia, Jim in Kentucky, Kim in Delaware, Marge in Arkansas, Pat in Delaware, Sam in Minnesota, Shoshana in Oregon who are all winners in the fight against cancer.

And I remember those who didn’t win, for Annie who fought so hard and bravely, and for Tricia, Bert, Faith, Faye, Phyllis, Maureen, Georgie, Helen, Marie, Marlene, Trish, Colleen and Arnie. Too many have died because of cancer and that is why I fight back the only way I know how, raising money. My few dollars may not be much, but I figure ever dollar helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge