Tuesday, September 02, 2008

still moving rooms

This room moving is good for stashbusting, but not so good for UFOs…

I believe I can say I have found all of my stash now and that it is neatly organized in the new room. I hope that is true because the shelves are full and there isn’t any room for any more, LOL! I do know of a bag full of brand new fabrics in the old room, but they have not been washed so they don’t come up here yet. Their space is saved, so they are permitted to come up as soon as they get washed.

I have two huge boxes packed and ready to be picked up and/or mailed off to people who need fabrics for charity work. I’m glad that my buying mistakes can benefit someone else.

That I have found it all is not quite true…. somewhere there is a five yard or more piece of an orange batik that I “hid” away a few years ago. It remains hidden. Also that mystery project I was working on, but that may be in the cutting table pile. And my MILs quilt top remains missing. I was pretty sure I had taken it to her house, but she can’t find it, and I can’t find it…

What did show up in my room emptying process were more UFOs. So many more that I am going to have to redo my UFO list for sure… but not right now. I need to separate the UFOs and decide which ones are going to Project Linus, which ones will stay tops forever because they are class samples, and which ones I truly intend to finish. Of the ones that I want to have finished, I need to decide which ones I can finish myself, and which ones I need to send out to quilters. I already have a few quilts to take up longarmers in NY with me when I go later this month.

There is very little left in the downstairs room. There is one full bookcase which I know where it will go, but I want to sort books first. There is my cutting table and ironing board, both which are being used as holding spaces during the move, and will need to be cleaned off by some serious sorting, maybe today’s project. And of course my sewing cabinet, which will probably be the last thing to come upstairs. That is because of the weight, I will need my men to bring that up, and because I want to have the rest of the room organized before it comes up.

And the machine comes up last, because if it was up here now, I would be tempted to sew… I have projects, new and old, which are calling to me!

Today's photo, a clean corner of the new sewing room! Clean, organized and full. The shelf unit closest to you is the fabric unit. That is all my stash, unassigned fabrics. The second shelf unit includes UFOs, WIPs and PIGs, except for one shelf which is my purple, black and gray, blue and green stash. The tallest shelf unit has on it my bolts, my Aunt Grace collection, my batiks and blenders. I’m not sure if the animals will stay where they are, but for now that is their home.

2 comments:

  1. It looks so nice and neat. I hope if everything is full that the missing items aren't hiding with friends. Somehow though, I think you'd find them homes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are the shelves adjustable? I need new cabinets/shelves SO bad...and just can't find what I need. Looks good.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge