Monday, September 08, 2008

Grumble….

Boy will I be glad when this election is over. I’m tired of it. I’ve been tired of it. I’ve been tired of it since before they started all the nasty commercials on TV and before they started calling on the telephone. Today alone I have gotten seven phone calls from different political parties. I have no idea what they are asking me, I hang up on them as soon as they say who they are.

When I first got one of these political phone calls a few years ago, I informed the person on the other end of the phone that I was on the do not call list. Some joke that turned out to be, on me… politicians are exempt from that law among others. The kind little person on the other end of the line told me so, and started into his/her speech, and I promptly hung up on him/her.

Today when call #7 came in I told that person that who ever they were plugging I would not be voting for because they were interrupting my life with their pesky phone calls. I said if you want my vote don’t put any nasty ads on TV about what the other person has or hasn’t done, tell me what you are going to do to make this a better country. And take me off you calling list… I will not be voting for anyone who calls me.

After I hung up I realized that meant I probably wasn’t voting… I think they have all called me. Wait… who is running for dog catcher… I haven’t heard from them yet.



Today’s photo is to calm myself down, my favorite place to escape, even if it’s just in a photo… Sunset at the beach (June 20, 2008 at Cape Henlopen)

1 comment:

  1. Not saying this outloud, but I haven't gotten any political-pitch phone calls this election. We also have a couple of hot local races, so I'm sure I'll be on somebody's call list soon.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge