Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Yes I sewed!

I sewed off and on all day Sunday and then again yesterday. I will say that I love having all of my tools so close when I am working, it makes the job so much easier. Oh my quilting and sewing tools have always been right where I was sewing, everything I could possibly need, probably in triplicate, since I have extras of everything for retreaters. (And that is an understatement!)

But the one tool that has always been in a different room is one of the most important quilting tools to me, this computer. Now the computer and sewing machine sit side by side; I can put my left hand on the sewing machine and the right hand on the keyboard. That is helpful because I can read the pattern, sew, correct the pattern, sew some more, add more directions, sew, take photos, add them to the pattern, etc. I should have done this YEARS ago!

Don’t worry, I am getting my bottom off the chair occasionally too, LOL! First thing Sunday morning when I finished a step in the block I was making I had to press…. The ironing board had never been brought up, LOL! That meant a trip down the stairs and another one up, and then again. First I had to clean the stuff off the top of the ironing board, things that had been placed there carefully to keep safe until I needed them up here, kits, special fabrics, gifts, etc. That actually took two trips up and down. Finally I brought up the ironing board itself.

I had to find a place to put it… I’m used to pressing a certain way, standing on one side of the board with the iron on my right…. There isn’t anywhere in this room I can do that, at least not yet. When we get the bedroom painted and all set up in the old sewing room, then I can get more stuff out of here, and I can move the ironing board to another location where it will feel right.

What did I sew? I can’t tell you because everything I worked on is top secret. I worked on making samples for three upcoming Mysteries For Relay. One I loved and one I am still working on so it’s too early to say. Another one I didn’t like the fabrics, too thin, so they will be cut up and used for strings foundations, I have no idea how that fabric got in my stash. Three yards of the same three fabrics in three different colors, I most likely bought it years ago before I knew better, LOL!



Today’s photo is another corner of the sewing room, including the ironing board in its temporary home. The white fabric on there was tossed on to hide a mystery project! The bright green on the shelf under it is a backing for another mystery.

Now that fabric is calling to me, so off I go to sew some more!

YIPPEE!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, how long has it been since you sat and sewed? I had a 3 day hiatus and it felt good to be back at it today. OH OH -- a shelf on the ironing board? That would be full of stuff it I had one. Can't decide if it would be a benefit or not. I agree with you about having a preference for setting up an ironing board. Now, what is under that white fabric!! Best sewing! Bonnie

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge